If so, then Ignite Phoenix After Hours (IPAH) is for you! We welcome subjects that make people think, just like Ignite Phoenix, but this is After Hours. This is 21+. Not exactly Spartacus, but pretty close.
Photo courtesy of Devon Christopher Adams at IPAH #4
IPAH gives you a chance to tell people truly interested in hearing what you have to say, and they are non-judgmental. Our fans want to hear the stuff you can’t talk about at work. We have created a venue to open up and share those ideas in a safe place. This is, in short, an adults-only water cooler.
Our audience knows they won’t always like everything they hear, but they respect you’re up there, and they know you’ll be done in 5 minutes. They’ve laughed with presenters, cried with presenters, and gotten squeamish with presenters.
And that’s alright by all of us.
So, what’s your passion? What do you wish people could know more about in your life, that you really don’t feel comfortable telling? We want to hear it!
It will only take two minutes to submit to speak – just click here and fill out the form!
We are excited for IPAH 5, and judging by the buzz already started, so are you. Mark your calendars (and start off the holiday season the right way!) for November 20th, 2015.
The Mint will be hosting us again, and they did a kick-ass job last year. More details are coming on submissions and ticket sales. You can also keep up-to-date by visiting our Facebook Page, and we promise to post more in the coming weeks.
Photo by Devon Christopher Adams
In the meantime, think about speaking. Have you been to a past Ignite Phoenix After Hours? Do you know someone who would be a compelling presenter, that does something really interesting? Give ’em a nudge. Tell them how awesome this event is. They will get tons of support from us, too, to prepare for the event.
Summer may be over, but we can guarantee it’s going to be a HOT night on November 20th.
*Submissions close October 30th.
Someone pointed out that we never updated this site after the last Ignite Phoenix After Hours wrapped up. It just took a while for all the charges to get dropped, the craziness to die down, and for us to be allowed back into the country. Or maybe we just forgot in all the event fantasticness…
After Hours #4 was a blast, and we’re doing it again on November 20th. We will be returning to The Mint, too, because they handled us oh-s-ell last year. This site and our Facebook page are the places to watch for details. We hope to see you there, and thanks for supporting Ignite!
Photo by Devon Christopher Adams
After Hours is fast approaching, and we can’t wait to see you this Friday! Here’s everything you need to know for the show.
Ignite Phoenix After Hours #4
Date: Friday, November 14, 2014, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Location: The Mint
7373 E Camelback Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
- Admission: Tickets are currently SOLD OUT. However, there are always a few people who can’t go at the last minute. We will be guiding them to our Facebook page, so keep an eye on that page to find tickets or a hot date. Also, remember to bring your ID since this is a 21+ event.
- Times: Doors open at 6:000 p.m. on Friday, November 14th, and the show will start at 7:00 p.m.
- Parking: Click here for a parking map. The Mint is located at 7373 E. Camelback Road on Camelback just east of Scottsdale Road. You can use street parking around the club, the parking garage on 4377 W. Wells Fargo Ave., orÂ valet at the W Hotel west of The Mint.
- Food: Things may get a little hot and steamy at IPAH, so The Mint has cooked up some special dishesÂ to follow suit. The menu will include jalapeno mac and cheese, chicken strips and fries, and vegetarian egg rolls with sweet and sour sauce.
- Drinks: The Mint has a full bar to fuel the party. Cash is preferred, so stop by the bank on your way there or use the on-site ATM.
- Attire: Whether you want to dress to the nines, pull out your banana hammock, or go topless (yes, really), anything goes at IPAH. Most people will be casual, but go on with your bad self and dress in whatever makes you feel good! Just make sure to wear comfortable shoes because seating is limited.
- Get social: Follow our Facebook page for updates, and use #IPAH4 on your posts at the event. Remember – no pictures or video are allowed without permission from the After Hours team.
Photo via Devon Christopher Adams
In true Ignite Phoenix fashion, tickets to After Hours #4 went faster than your first time (hey-o!). We’re officially sold out, but if you want to get your little hands on one of these golden tickets, watch the Ignite Phoenix After Hours Facebook page in the coming weeks.
People often contact us when they can’t attend at the last minute or if they have an extra ticket. We’ll be guiding them to our Facebook page, where they can post a message and find a new owner or a hot date.
So, don’t put away those assless chaps you were going to wear quite yet. Keep an eye on that page, and we hope to see you (and your chaps) on the 14th.